COVID-19 relief from charges was part of Act 9 of 2020 and expired at the end of 2020. This means that benefits paid for claim weeks in 2021 will be charged to your account unless you are granted relief.
You do not need the actual Request for Relief from Charges form (UC-44FR) to request relief from the department. You can request relief by emailing the following information to email@example.com:
- Claimant’s full name and last 4 digits of their Social Security Number;
- Employer’s name and Pennsylvania UC account number;
- Last day the claimant worked;
- Detailed, but brief, separation information or reason you are requesting the relief from charges;
- Name and contact information of the person completing the information.
Please remember that reimbursable employers who did not pay the solvency fee for the year cannot request relief from charges. These employers are instead currently receiving a form of federal relief by only being charged for a percentage of benefits paid in 2021.